Ambition Accounting

What You Need to Know About Individual Tax Returns

What You Need to Know About Individual Tax Returns

Follow Us

Individual Tax Returns

The tax day in Australia is the last day to file your personal tax returns with the IRS before the April 15 deadline. The time to file your tax returns is during the tax year, not April 15th. The only time you can file your individual tax return by April 15th is if you have an individual tax refund and you need to file it before the deadline.

When you want to know how to do individual tax returns in Australia, you should understand that doing so yourself is much more difficult. The time limit to lodge your tax returns has been increased to 31 days from the previous year, which means that filing by April 15th will no longer be an option. In order to file your return by this date, you will need to lodge it electronically through the Australian Taxation Office. If you have not yet sent in your returns, you will have to obtain them from the ATO by hand or by faxing them to the ATO. If you file electronically, then you will not have to worry about how to do individual tax returns in Australia as well.

How to do individual tax return in Australia

Tax Return

How to do an individual tax return in Australia is to register with the AIFS. The Australian Institute of Taxation does not handle the task of collecting or publishing statistics related to individual tax returns. The responsibility is currently being handled by the Australian Charities and Benefits Commission (ASCB). The advantage of having the ABS as your administrative partner in collecting and publishing statistics related to individual income taxes is that the ABS is legally empowered to undertake this task.

When you lodge your individual tax return in Australia, you will be provided with a registration certificate. The certificate will provide you with the authority to lodge financial year returns. It will also indicate the type of financial year that you need to lodge the return under. The registration certificate also lets the tax agent know how much income that you should include in your tax return for that financial year. If there are any additional financial documents that you need to lodge with the tax office, such as payslips or bank statements, the tax agent will help you fill out the necessary forms.

Send to AIT

After lodging your individual tax returns, you can send them back to the Australian Institute of Taxation. At this time, the registered tax agent will transfer the information to the Australian Department of Revenue. You will then receive a confirmation that your return has been received. Once you have received your confirmation, you can now send your tax returns.

Financial Documentation.

After receiving your confirmation, you are advised to lodge the individual tax returns together with the required financial documentation. This could either be in the form of paper documents or electronic documents. It is best to lodge the returns together so that there will be no mistake regarding the amount of taxable income and the deductions made. The tax office will inform you when it is time to file your individual income tax returns.

Allocate About Half of Your Salary or Business Profits

Before filing the individual tax return, you are advised to allocate about half of your salary or business profits to the Medicare and Medicaid services. These services are provided for free by the State Government through the National Health Program. However, you may be eligible to claim further Medicare rebates and Medicaid expenses based on your family’s medical history. It is important to note that you will not be allowed to take any deductions for medical-related expenses such as blood work and hospitalization if you are not a resident of Australia.

Ambition Accounting: #1 Taxation Services Provider in Sydney

If you are looking for individual tax return services in Sydney, you can come or contact Ambition Accounting. We have the best taxation and accounting consultant in Australia. They are very well experienced and dedicated as well.


If you are resident in Australia, the tax forms needed to file your individual tax returns will generally be filed with the Australia Tax Office. This office is located at Hervey Bay. If you are not yet a resident of Australia, you are still required to file your information returns at the same time that you file your personal tax returns. If you are resident in Australia, you are advised to seek professional tax advice from an accountant who is an expert in the Australian tax system. You can also lookup the Internet for resources on individual tax forms and other tax issues.

Follow Us